It's our birthdayCelebrate with us...
On Saturday 11th May 2013 Column Bakehouse opened its doors for the very first time. What started as an idea to diversify the café offer inside Devonport Guildhall has grown into a multi award-winning artisan bakery. We’ve loved baking for you for the last five years, so on our birthday we would like to challenge you, our wonderful, loyal, brilliant customers, to bake something for us… Can you rise to the challenge of our 5th Birthday Bake Off?
Taking part couldn’t be simpler:
- Pop in and pick up a free Birthday Bake Off mix from either of our cafés. We are making 200 dry mix pots available to customers from Friday 11th to Sunday 13th May – pop down early because it’s first come, first served – don’t worry if you can’t get your hands on a free pot, you can download our dry mix recipe here and make it yourself at home.
- Watch our Birthday Bake Off video and bake along with us, or download the instructions here.
- Bake your birthday loaf – bake by yourself, or with friends and family, using as much creativity, flair and style in your bake as you like! The whole bake from start to finish should take around 2 hours.
- Post your Birthday Bake Off efforts on social media using #CBBirthdayBakeOff and tagging @columnbakehouse on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook by midnight on 31st May 2018.
- Eat your delicious loaf! We love to share our bakes with friends and family, but if it’s too scrummy we won’t tell if you keep this loaf to yourself!
Our expert bakers will look at all the entries and will award 2 places on a Column Bakehouse breadmaking course to the best entry in each of the following categories:
- Best looking loaf
- Best family baking together
- Most creative shaped loaf
- Best unusual flavour
- Messiest baker
Winners will be notified by social media by the 4th of June 2018.
Ts & Cs:
Each photo tagged on social media will be considered for every category.
No cash alternative to the prize is available. Only entries submitted before midnight on 31st May 2018 will be considered as entries to the Birthday Bake Off competition. Judges will only accept entries by social media – please don’t send us your loaves, keep these to eat and enjoy at home. The winners’ bread making course will be held on one night, date tbc, if winners can’t attend they may nominate someone else to attend in their place. The prize is not transferrable to other Bakehouse breadmaking courses.