Our favourite week on The Great British Bake Off is finally here – Bread Week! We can’t wait to watch what challenges Paul puts the bakers through, or the amazing showstopper bread creations they come up with. It’s fantastic to see people getting stuck in to the art of bread making, experienced or not. So many of you got involved with our 5th Birthday Bake Off challenge, which we loved, so we thought we’d do our bit to encourage even more baking…
Therefore, we are running our own bread challenge – The Great Column Bake off! We want our wonderful customers to try their hand at bread making, and taking part couldn’t be simpler:
- Pop in and pick up a free Great Column Bake Off mix from either of our cafés, at Devonport Guildhall or Ocean Studios. The dry mix pots will be available to customers from Monday 10th to Monday 17th of September – pop down early because it’s first come, first served – don’t worry if you can’t get your hands on a free pot, you can download our dry mix recipe here and make it yourself at home.
- Watch our Bake Off video and bake along with us, or download the instructions here.
- Bake your loaf – bake by yourself, or with friends and family, using as much creativity, flair and style in your bake as you like! The whole bake from start to finish should take around 2 hours.
- Post your Great Column Bake Off efforts on social media using #GreatColumnBakeOff and tagging @columnbakehouse on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook by midnight on Sunday 23rd of September 2018.
- Eat your delicious loaf! We love to share our bakes with friends and family.
Our expert bakers will look at all the entries and will award 1 FREE place on a Column Bakehouse breadmaking course to the best entry.
Winners will be notified by social media on the 25th of September 2018.
The episode of The Great British Bake Off will air on Tuesday, September 11 at 8pm on Channel 4.
Ts & Cs:
Each photo tagged on social media will be considered.
No cash alternative to the prize is available. Only entries submitted before midnight on the 23rd of September 2018 will be considered as entries to the Great Column Bake Off competition. Judges will only accept entries by social media – please don’t send us your loaves, keep these to eat and enjoy at home. The winners’ bread making course will be held on one night, date tbc, if winners can’t attend they may nominate someone else to attend in their place. The prize is not transferrable to other Bakehouse breadmaking courses.
Download your recipe here!